Forum Topic

The Goldsmith Greens. Message from Juliet McDonald

Hi everyone. GREAT NEWS!!!! Remember the testimonials you all wrote in support of FOFGA’s request to protect our three Central Acton greens? On Thursday evening at Perceval House, I did a 5-minute presentation, as did our Councillor Kate Crawford, requesting this extra protection for our green spaces, to the LDPAC committee. We also officially handed in your 370+ individual statements to the clerk. These testimonials looked absolutely amazing (thanks @Tricia Howey for creating a beautiful graphic design from an unwieldy Excel spreadsheet) as we had them professionally printed and ringbound.   It is with rapturous delight that I can tell you the LDPAC committee voted unanimously to support our proposal for the greens to be designated LGS. This is an important first step in many. The proposal now has to go through various ‘tests’ for meeting NPPF criteria, council legalities (the soil owner of 2 of the 3 greens has to be engaged with), the GLA and finally the planning inspectorate. So it’s not a victory in itself yet, but a victory for us as a community as we’ve done our part in presenting our case - at the very best moment, to the right officers, in the most appropriate way - and our representation just has to go through the process now.   Thanks to everyone who contributed and in particular the army of leaflet droppers who risked their fingers in biting letterflaps and to key supporters Maire Lowe and my husband Neal. Fingers crossed this proposal gets over each and every hurdle 🙏

Maire Lowe ● 227d1 Comments