Forum Topic

Free Mindfulness course starts Tues 28th Sept

The Introduction to Mindfulness Course starts Tuesday 28th September 2021, 8.00-9.30pm. It is a free 6 week course on Tuesday evenings, 8.00-9.30pm on Zoom.Hi, my name’s Katy. I work as a GP and as a positive psychology coach, and have a Mindfulness Diploma. I’ve run several Mindfulness/Happiness/Wellbeing courses with great feedback*, and have designed an online Mindfulness course for accessibility during the pandemic.We’ll look at practical ways to increase our Mindfulness during the week.Session 1 28 Sept Introduction – dip your toes inSession 2 5 Oct Mindfulness and the Brain Session 3 12 Oct  Mindfulness and the Body and Environment Session 4 19 Oct  Mindfulness and SpiritualitySession 5 2 Nov    Mindfulness and Connecting with OurselvesSession 6 9 Nov    Mindfulness and Connecting Outside OurselvesWhat is mindfulness?: Mindfulness is a non-religious brain-training technique that improves memory, self-awareness, compassion, mood, wellbeing, creativity, and focus. It is evidence-based to help symptoms in anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, chronic pain, IBS, MS and cancer. It enhances mental and physical stamina.Can I come?: Yes, the course is open to all adults. It would, of course, be helpful if you can make all the sessions.Course Format: Free, fun, zoom, relaxed and informal, with a mix of video, discussion and reflection Sign up on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/free-introduction-to-mindfulness-6-week-course-tickets-170158198753 Interested? Find out more: thewellbeingcourse@gmail.com*Feedback from previous courses:”An amazing course, very enjoyable.”   “Inspiring, thought-provoking” “gave me some smart small steps to take”  “v useful and effective” “changed my mindset to positive”

Katy Willis ● 955d0 Comments