Forum Topic

If the logic here is that we should be leaving medical matter to medically trained staff I completely agreed.  I cannot agree with the, to me, cold hearted approach suggested.  Draconian to me and I blame the people spreading the false propaganda rather the persons believing the lies.The problem with covid, brexit and LTN (I know I always return to that) is that people without full knowledge or understanding ‘feel’ their view is as important as someone who actually understands the technical basis for making the specific decisions.  And many uniformed appear to have no problem sharing their views with absolute conviction, that is what confirmation bias does, and anyone objecting is an ‘enemy’.  Scary.We see the same on this forum when contributors call designers and technical staff “idiots” because, from the contributors’ perspective, their LTN design is wrong.  It may well be that the designs are wrong, of course there are issues with everything, but anyone who has ever had to put things in perspective and base decisions on facts holistically knows there are always multiple factors to consider and would refrain from making insulting comments without a detailed understanding.  I think the saying is ‘a little knowledge is a dangerous thing’.I tend to only comment on LTN on this forum and I have seen many regular contributors having had their original objection basis designed out, but still campaigning hard for the removal of the ltns.  For example the access to drive elderly relatives.  We should all have a point of view but we have to accept we are not always right, no one is, ‘what good is a mind if you cannot change it’ huh?  As per this threads kick off statement; I completely agree with not letting peoples’ home-cooked views become facts and the basis for societal decisions that will impact others, but let’s start by a root cause analysis to why is anti-vaccination propaganda so well received and then tackle to cause.

Ossian Olsén ● 973d