Fix My Acton Street
Report problems in your local area
- What is FixMyStreet?
- FixMyStreet is a site to help people report, view, or discuss local problems they’ve found to their local council by simply locating them on a map.
What sort of problems should I report with FixMyStreet?
- FixMyStreet is primarily for reporting things which are broken or dirty or damaged or dumped, and need fixing, cleaning or clearing, such as:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Dog Fouling
- Flyposting or graffiti
- Flytipping or litter
- Streetcleaning, such as broken glass in a cycle lane
- Unlit lamposts
What isn’t FixMyStreet for?
- FixMyStreet is not a way of getting in touch with your council for all issues – please use FixMyStreet only for problems such as the above. Using FixMyStreet for other matters may result in a delay in your report getting to the right department. You will need to contact your council directly for problems such as:
- Anti-social behaviour
- Noise pollution or barking dogs
- Missing wheelie bins or recycling boxes or missed rubbish collections
- Proposals for speed bumps/ CCTV/ pedestrian crossings/ new road layouts/ etc.
- Complaining about your neighbours
- Complaining about the council
- Joy riding, drug taking, animal cruelty, or other criminal activity
Councils often have direct hotlines for these sorts of issues.
- How do I use the site?
- After entering a postcode or location, you are presented with a map of that area. You can view problems already reported in that area, or report ones of your own simply by clicking on the map at the location of the problem.
- How are the problems solved?
- They are reported to the relevant council by email. The council can then resolve the problem the way they normally would. Alternatively, you can discuss the problem on the website with others, and then together lobby the council to fix it, or fix it directly yourselves.
July 6, 2010